1. Submittal of Application and Fees
In compliance with LAPD’s VPO permit process, all VPO applicants must first complete the LADOT valet zone application process before a VPO permit will be approved. Until LADOT establishes an online application procedure, applicants shall obtain the LADOT valet zone application online here or via email from the LADOT Parking Meter Division at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To begin the application process, the applicant must first contact the LADOT Parking Meters Division at (213) 473-8270 or via email to provide the location of the proposed valet zone for initial consideration. If the location is verified, the applicant must pay a valet zone processing fee to begin the application process. Please visit us at valet parking operator fees to initiate the application process as follows:
- Scroll down to “Valet Parking Operator Fees” and click “Pay Now”. In the “Description” , please enter the full address of the physical location of the valet zone. Click “Proceed” to pay the non-refundable application fee of $84 and the service (engineer’s investigation) fee of $343 for a valet zone processing fee totaling $427. The valet zone processing fee of $427 is non-refundable once the request is fully accepted and assigned for review. Once fees are accepted and deemed non-refundable, they will not be returned. There will be no exceptions. Fees are non-transferrable and are ONLY eligible for the application they were originally submitted for.
If the valet operator permit request is denied by LADOT and the valet operator wishes to resubmit another application, the valet operator may resubmit a new request with all appropriate supporting documents and shall pay the valet zone processing fee for the new request.
Upon receiving confirmation that the online payment has been received, the applicant must submit the application and necessary documents to email@example.com for processing.
2. Submittal of Documents
The valet operator shall provide the following documents with their e-application for LADOT’s processing of the valet zone request:
- A copy of the final signed valet services contract between the valet operator and the business for which services are being provided.
- A copy of the final signed contract between the valet operator and the parking/storage facility that has agreed to allow storage of the vehicles.
- A copy of the valet route plan clearly designating the safest route to and from the valet zone, and the parking/storage facility that will be used by the valet operator’s staff to park customer vehicles. (See sample valet route form.) When operating an approved valet zone, the valet operator shall ensure that the approved valet route plan is strictly followed and adhered to by assigned staff at all times. Any unsafe driving or non-adherence to the route plan may result in a cancellation of the valet permit and/or subject to other administrative sanction by LAPD.
3. Apply for Valet Parking Operator Permit from LAPD
Upon receiving preliminary approval for the valet zone from LADOT, the valet applicant MUST apply for the VPO permit with LAPD and adhere to LAPD’s RULES AND REGULATIONS GOVERNING VALET PARKING OPERATORS when providing valet services in an approved zone. The applicant shall follow LAPD’s instruction to obtain a Business Tax Registration Certificate (BTRC) number from the Office of Finance, when applying for the VPO permit through LAPD. The BTRC number helps connect the LADOT valet zone application with the LAPD application.
4. Additional Fee Payment(s)
Upon review and approval of the application, and confirming that a proper VPO permit has been approved by LAPD, LADOT will inform the applicant of the approval and invoice for the appropriate installation fees, if any. The current applicable fees, which are subject to change, are as follows:
- Valet Zone Sign Installation Flat Fee – $660
- Meter Usage Fee (MUF) – The fee is determined individually per request based on the estimated loss of revenue for all meters that are included in the valet zone.
Upon approval of the valet zone, LADOT will notify LAPD-CID. Once LAPD-CID grants the VPO permit, the applicant is required to pay the invoice for the valet zone sign installation and meter usage fee (MUF) as necessary before the zone is installed.
5. Valet Zone Installation
Upon confirming that the required payment was made and processed, LADOT will then release work orders to implement and properly designate the valet zone for the applicant to operate.
FAILURE TO MAKE PAYMENT ON THESE AND FUTURE FEES AS REQUIRED BY THE PROGRAM, AND FAILURE TO OPERATE HONORABLY WITHIN THE REQUIREMENTS ESTABLISHED BY ORDINANCE NO. 182742, MAY RESULT IN THE REVOCATION OF THE OPERATOR PERMIT, REMOVAL OF THE VALET ZONE, AND SUBJECT TO OTHER PENALTIES ENFORCED BY LAPD-CID.